A Responsive WordPress Theme built with Foundation. Together, WordPress and Foundation give you a theme that makes creating websites fun and exciting again!
I know your probably asking yourself “OK, I know what WordPress is and what it can do but what exactly is this Foundation?” Good question!
Foundation is a responsive front-end framework. Foundation is what makes WP-Forge a responsive WordPress theme. It is similar to Twitters’ Bootstrap, but a BAZILLION times better! It’s much easier to configure and use. Foundation also comes packed with all kinds of goodies. You get cool things like tooltips, modal popups, a slider, pricing tables and a whole bunch more. Combine that with WordPress and you get a responsive WordPress theme that makes creating websites fun and exciting again! Check out the Foundation Docs for a full list of everything Foundation has to offer and you’ll understand why I chose to throw them into the mix.
Responsive WordPress Theme Features
Built with HTML5
HTML5 offers more advanced features, runs on almost in any browser including mobile browsers and provides faster load times.
WP-Forge uses media queries to fit any screen resolution. This means your site will look good on any device.
With its clean and simple layout, you can quickly turn any design into a theme using WP-Forge.
Built with WordPress standards in mind!
Not only is WP-Forge a responsive WordPress theme, it was developed by following the WordPress Theme Standards set forth by WordPress. It was also built using the following resources:
- WP-Test – An exhaustive set of test data that was developed over three years to measure the integioty of themes and plugins. Developed by Michael Novotny
- Theme Unit Test – A set of test data similar to WP-Test, except it was created by the WordPress Theme Review Team
- Debug Bar – a debugging menu added to the admin bar that quickly shows query, cache, and other helpful debugging information.
- Log Deprecated Notices – a plugin that helps identify old WordPress API functions a theme or plugin is currently using so they can be updated to the newer methods.
- Theme Check – a simple and easy way to test your theme for all the latest WordPress standards and practices.
- Theme Mentor – Similar to the Theme-Check plugin. It dives deeper into code analysis to ensure best practices, like checking for the dequeueing of jQuery.
- Viewport Resizer – a handy bookmarklet that will load your site in a viewport the size of commonly used devices such as smartphones, iPads and tablets. This is helpful in testing responsive design.
- Screenfly – Responsive screen testing on monitors, tablets, smart phones, and more (personally one of my favorites).
Looking for a great WordPress Child Theme?
Look no further! My WordPress child theme WP-Starter was developed specifically for use with WP-Forge. Now you can create any theme you want without losing any modifications if you update to the latest version of WP-Forge.
Start building your Responsive WordPress Theme today!
WP-Forge is released to the masses under the GNU General Public License, which means it is completely free. In case you were wondering, Foundation is released under the MIT License which also makes it free to use.
What does this mean for you? It means you can use my responsive WordPress theme WP-Forge to learn something new, create something cool, have fun, and share what you’ve learned with others. Enjoy!